I finally made the upgrade to Adobe Creative Cloud, and thus far I have been extremely pleased with the new product line (the most notable difference being the compilation time and general speed of both Flashbuilder and Flash Professional). But, as with any new Adobe product, there are also a fair amount of really annoying and hard to diagnose bugs. The latest issue to plague me was that Flashbuilder suddenly stopped reporting compilation errors. As always, this resulted in a few frustrating hours consulting Dr. Google without much progress. And, as (almost) always, I finally found a solution.
The Solution (at least this worked for me):
All I had to do to get Flashbuilder to start playing nicely and reporting compiler errors again was to delete the project from my workspace (right-click on the project in the project explorer and choose delete, but select the option to not delete the contents), then re-import the project back into Flashbuilder (right-click in project explorer, choose import, then browse to the folder containing your project). That was all it took for me! Hopefully this will save someone from hours of head banging (at this point my skull is harder than steel!).