First, a little backstory on how I got to this error in the first place (bear with me). I recently start a project using Robotlegs 2.0.0. Since this version was just released, a lot of the extensions are still being ported over. In my case, I had need of the RelaxedEventMap extension, which I had used heavily with RL1. Thankfully, CReynders was kind enough to port the existing RL1 source over to an RL2 extension; however, porting the extension also required a few minor tweaks to the RL framework source. What this meant to me is that if I wanted to use the RelaxedEventMap extension, I would need to download the latest Robotlegs source from GitHub which contained the previously mentioned tweaks (i.e. I could no longer use the latest compiled version of the RL2 SWC). I didn’t assume this would be a big deal, that is, until I tried to compile my application using Flash Pro. The compile-time went from about 2 seconds using the compiled RL2 SWC, to upwards of 30 seconds when including the RL2 framework source. All this led me down the path of compiling the RL2 SWC myself for the first time (see, I told you’d I’d get to the point eventually!).
I recently gave a presentation at the San Diego Flash Users Group (SDFUG) about getting started with the Robotlegs framework. Below are links to the source files for the example application (TweetBender) that I discussed, as well as some useful links for getting started with Robotlegs.
- TweetBender source
- Robotlegs Knowledgebase
- Robotlegs Best Practices
- Robotlegs “Gotcha’s” and other useful tips on Geekgonenomad
- Introduction tutorial on Robotlegs from InisdeRIA